Pho Tai Lan
Pho Tai Lan
This is a specialty of Hanoi. Hearty French country style beef broth, Vietnamese herbs and noodles. We max out the flavor by quickly seal the beef with garlic before adding to the soup. Super tasty!
- 1 box of HAPPY PHO (Garlic Goodness, Zesty Ginger or Shiitake Mushroom)
- 4 cups of Beef or Chicken Broth - (shortcuts: use Rapunzel Bouillon cubes, or Better Than Bouillon to make the broth)
- 1 cup of Water
- ½ pound of thinly sliced Beef. It’s quite tasty if you buy the Beef that is already sliced for stir fry, but if you want to go ‘all out’, get a good cut of beef and thinly slice it yourself (note: if you do this the beef will cook extremely fast, so just need to be stir-fried for 30 secs).
- ½ cup of chopped Cilantro
- ½ cup of chopped Spring Onion
- Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ clove of fresh Garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. of cooking oil
- A small piece of Ginger, minced
- 2 wedges of Lime (optional)
- Step 1: Combine Broth/Water & Spice Packet in a saucepan. Set on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, marinate the Beef with Ginger by adding minced Ginger to the thinly sliced Beef and mix throughout.
- Step 2: Bring Broth to boil (approx. 7 minutes).
- Step 3: While waiting for Broth to boil, brown garlic with cooking oil in a frying pan on high heat. Add Beef and stir fry quickly for 1 mins, just enough to seal the beef. Take Beef out. Put aside.
- Step 3: Add Noodles & Spring Onion to Broth. Stir. Heat 2 minutes until Noodles are tender.
- Step 4: Transfer Noodles & Broth into bowls. Top with Beef, Ginger, Cilantro.